Saturday 25 November 2017

Urban boxes 4

Another week gone ...these Urban boxes are a lot slower ( obviously ) than doing the work on paper. He ho. Need to make some more boxes which of course slows me down. That's not neccessarily a bad thing....it makes me take my time and go in the direction that I really want , rather than just responding to each piece on a daily basis.

This one started off with the phlourescent pink that we used in the Art group this week as a base layer. I didn't really the phlourescent paint but it does give you something to almost work with or 
 Fight against. Strange to think in such terms.
Using the Golden liquid paints allows a lovely glaze using the acrylics .But it wasn't exactly what I was wanting. I am sure I will paint over these but for the moment they are allowing me to build up the number of urban boxes. Some are more of a landscape image.

Again , using the liquid acrylics as a glaze.

Went back to the black and white work, rather than using colour. Preferred this work....today....keep going.

Again black and white with an addition of burnt sienna mixed with black. Although , for this project of urban marks, it felt a little cluttered , I didn't dislike it. Keep going.

I am nearly half way to the 30 in numbers but not in finished images that feel, ' right.' There's only a handful that do feel, ' right.' 

Reminded myself what it was I did want by re reading the blog.....I wanted ....
An urban feel
Simplified compositions
Finished pieces without frames or mounts
Limited palettes.

Try to keep that in mind with the next ones....but also be aware that it might well take me a lot longer that 30 days to do the 30 urban boxes !

No comments:

Post a Comment