Sunday 10 December 2017

Mark making - trees

So, for me one of the most rewarding studio activities is the mark making, the small 15 cm sq pieces that I have done masses of. They are like my sketchbook, familiar, challenging, rewarding, exciting. Wondrous...I could go on.

I am thinking about trees.....love trees, love living next to the woods. Love the feelings that I have walking in the woods. It's very special and in no way can I ever actually put that into paint. But, I keep trying.

These are my tools today.....old dip pen ( for scratching really ) containers with inks in, green soft plastic cake decorating tools that work a dream with the paint, water spray, pencils.


So, I love the mark making and when it comes to a larger painting, I love the ,' making marks,' that appear as the painting is created. I love ,' catching,' marks too. I put cartridge paper underneath what I am working on and often love the accidental marks that appear. I cutt the paper up afterwards.




These are a few of the first ones this morning ( of course, I don't show you the ones that I will paint over. ) will take the photos of the others later when they are dry. Sometimes they kind of die when they dry. Strange.

Above. This was the piece of cartridge underneath my work. Will crop it all to produce 15 cm pieces that I can work back into if needed.

Poor photo of the second batch of 9. Mark making about trees. Love the process. Love a lot of the images too ( always helpful )

No comments:

Post a Comment