Monday 4 December 2017

Whispering greys (1)

Have temporarily abandoned the Urban boxes project. Not achieving anything with it, just repeating myself in paint ! Feel a failure ( get over it ) because it beat me.....but I am sure I will return to it , I have made lots of boxes....just had to get the greys out of my system !

Saturday was such a grey day , the trees peeped out of the mist, gorgeous, gorgeous. Drove round, walked round , just being in the grey. Loved it. Loved the photos taken through the windscreen ( I wasn't driving) and just painted all weekend.

Mixed greys, a favourite pastime, mixed the complementary colours first....but will continue the mixing. I mix the colours on an old painting then I can use whats left over repainting the piece. I have mixed these greys using opaque white, try also this week , to mix with the mixing white which is more transparent. Also try the fluid acrylics.


Photos through the windscreen.
















I mix the colours ( acrylic ) on old paintings and then put them into screw topped pots I buy from ebay



 52 cm sq. Acrylic on board. ' Whispering greys .'



52 cm sq. Acrylic on board. ' mists of grey.'



52 cm sq. ' winter grey.'




52 cm sq.' A landscape of darkened grey.'



52 cm sq. ' Contrasting greys.'


No comments:

Post a Comment