Sunday 18 February 2018

Urban marks ( 4 )

Continuing with Urban marks. Loving them. Slowish process though, lots of a painting and then almost a ,' breakthrough.' Need to get back on making the boxes. That takes time too. Still caught up with simple shapes, blocks of colour and trying to get a, ' feeling ,' of a place/ time / atmosphere.


I am aware that I have become interested in skylines. Specially those urban ones that I drive through on my way to Manchester ....and especially those in twilight. Research paintings of skylines.


This middle one was a 15 cm piece in inks. Sumi ink and acrylic ink. Want to I do another series of Northern ones, well really about my childhood ones, so am just dipping my toe in.

Urban mark 22. Acrylic, Golden glazing liquid, 12 inches square board on a frame to make a box. I love the pieces on the boxes.

I like these really because I look at them and think it doesn't seem so apparent whether the artist was male or female. I like that....today.

What else did I like ? Size ( 12 inch square seems just right , they are intense and maybe would be too strong to paint larger. Of course I must try but I need to do a lot more before I do....hence the 30 days of urban marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment