Sunday 11 February 2018

Urban marks revisited ( 3 )

My creative process is very interesting...well to me anyway. I did my dissertation on the creative process back in  2001 and maybe I still don't understand it....is that why it's still interesting to me ?

Anyway, this is what I do....

DEFINE what it is I want to do ( eg Nothern/ Urban )
RESEARCH what other artists have done and look back at what I have done
PLAY in the paint, sit with the boards /paper and play ( make time )
LOOK for something to come out of the paint.....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
REVIEW what I have done without being too critical . 

Love it.....

These are some of the urban boxes that I have done this week. I am looser on paper, so have to include more of works on paper.




Urban mark no 18 12 inch sq.....made me think a little of Whistler....research him....love Whistler




Urban mark no 19.....will defo paint over this one ! 12 inch sq.




Urban mark no 20 was more about the simplicity I wanted. 12 inch sq.




Urban mark no 21, ' the fog settled on the window sills.' 12 inch sq...thinking about whether to title them or not...can't decide....decide later then


Also this week reviewing paintings for Hope gallery....the ones below are 52 cm square.


A faded landscape. 52 inch sq.



A dark, faded landscape.52 inch sq.



Landscape greyness. 52 cm sq.



A light darkness. 52 inch sq.




A breath of fresh air. 52 cm sq.

So, I use my Pinterest boards to kind of catalogue my work. I have a secret one that I. Log everything on and then a public one where I put the selected ones ( that I don't mind people seeing ) on. It works for me. A big part of my creative process is to live with the work and at the end of  ( sometimes a lengthy period ) decide if it is fit to go out into the world so to speak ! Strange !





No comments:

Post a Comment