Sunday 4 March 2018

My North second series

So , this week I have returned to visit my small ,' Northern ,' images......' Memories in paint,'........have had a lovely week in paint but have found this time round I am more critical of the images that I produce....perhaps inevitable.....these are this weeks that have made it through the first round ( there were lots that didn't ) ...I was undecided about whether to title them or not....I wanted the images to be ambiguous and open to interpretation so felt that the titles had to reflect that, obviously , so , different from the first series where I had been very specific about the titles of the images.......the last couple of days, I had wanted to lighten my palette ....often the Northern stuff is dark and gloomy in colour and tone....

These are all 15 cm sq.

No 1 ' Space.'




No 2 ' Parktime.'



No 3 ' Sunday holiday.'



No 4 ' Holiday.'



No 5 ' Textures.'



No 6' Street layers.'



No 7, ' Flecks of colour.'



No 8, ' Street layers.'



No 9, ' Alleyways.'



No 10, ' Faded.'


No 11, ' The future.'


No 12, ' Whitsuntide.'


No 13, ' Time.'




No 14 ' Summertime,' a favourite today.....but that's often because it's the latest I have painted.....mmmm....it will be a different story tomorrow !


All the ones to date. It's helpful to put them up together to see if they fit together as a whole, see if there are any emerging patterns / shapes/ recurring themes.....

Each time I paint, I do set off with a little challenge to myself....in the early ones, I had tried to leave bolder brush strokes alone and still showing.....later this week , I had wanted to alter my palette and bring in brighter colours....with some success...


A relatively modest collection of Golden fluid acrylics. Love them for these smaller pieces. They glaze with the golden glazing liquid but are naturally opaque. Love them ( well today )

1 comment:

  1. hello ! I absolutely love this serie ! beautiful !

    ReplyDelete