Saturday 17 March 2018

Return to my landscape

It seems forever since I painted the landscape, got truly caught  up in the Urban stuff. But I have a complete week now in the studio so can have a massive paint. Can't wait. So, when I paint I don't  channel other artists but it's kind of like as you go along your journey , the images that you create or the marks that you make remind you of other artists past and present. That then takes you back into looking at their artwork, helping you with your own. It's massively useful to look how other artists create their work, make their marks, use their colours.....providing you sing in paint with your own voice and not someone else's.....this one , in parts , felt a little like an Egon Schielle landscape......I love his landscapes....research.....

52 cm sq. acrylic on board. ' A warm evening in my umber landscape. '

52 cm sq. landscape, ' A soft, cool Winter that envelops my studio.'
I collected some words as I painted ( when I. Say I collect the words it means I just jot down he words that come into my mind as I paint.)

The paint seems stiff and unhelpful today
Rusty landscape fingers
Blend to bland
Gentle, pastoral landscapes
Search for the colour
I like the making marks, the marks that you accidentally make during the course of a painting that with your Artists eye you decide to keep ...
A soft cold winter that envelops my studio
Had a lovely day in paint
 Love the paint
Can you tell when an artist loves the paint or when they try to master or dominate it.....don't we all do  both at times ?


' An umber day,' 52 cm sq. acrylic on board.
This was a rework of am earlier one that didn't work for me today. I glazed burnt umber over some  areas and a rich gold that I had mixed over others. I often use Daler Rowney, system 3 paint and I love their burnt umber.....so warm and transparent.


' A Spring song,' 52 cm sq. acrylic on board. Another rework of an older one. Loved this one today....will I still love it tomorrow ? ... Had a feeling of. Elle Packs work.....research......

No comments:

Post a Comment