Saturday 10 March 2018

Urban marks ( 6)

So, reviewing the Urban Marks....I am up to number 28. So the series has grown steadily, without me having to force it. Love these Urbany marks.

urban marks , acrylic, 12 inches sq.Definitely can see the influence of the artist Mishiul Choudhury . Love his urban stuff....he has a lighter, brighter palette than me. 


Urban marks no 26 , acrylic on canvas, 12 inches sq.


A few repaints later with this one. Finally like it ....TODAY....I had stretched the canvas over the box. Love how the drips and runs soak into the canvas....remind myself of Felicity Keefes work , which I love.....she uses washes rather than glazes, thin mixtures of runny paint that she seems then to tip onto the painting. Love it.


Putting primer and gesso onto boards. Boring but necessary. I put primer on first and then a good few layers of gesso , maybe around 5 or 6 with a light sanding in between coats. I have done quite a few just on the board, rather than make the box . I have done this on a few but it's then a pain to make the back of the box onto the painting. He oh, you have choices to make.


Displays of urban marks and My North painting displayed in the workroom. Putting them up on the wall helps keep them safe.


Display of four in the Art room. Massively realised this morning that in different places in the rooms the paintings look massively different. The light, the colour on the walls, the way you look at them , all changes.


More urban marks displayed in the Art lounge.



I am up to number 29 in the Urban marks but 8 have been reprinted ....or will be ....so that's 21 out of 30 , 2 out of 3 ! Not bad really.


No comments:

Post a Comment